Anime Review: Norn9 (Norn + Nonette)

Friday, July 15, 2016


Title: Norn9 (Norn + Nonette), Norn9 (ノルン +ノネット)[pronounce: Norn9 (Norun + Nonetto)]
Genre: Sci-fi, Fantasy, Romance
Category: Shoujo/Seinen, Reverse-harem, Visual Novel
Developer: Otomate
Game Publisher: Idea Factory
Anime Studio: Kinema Citrus X Orange
Anime Director: Takao Abo
Episodes: 13 Episodes
OVA: N/A
The story takes place a little in the future. Guided by one particular song, young elementary-schooler Sorata Suzuhara, from the Heisei Era, is warped through a time skip to an unfamiliar place that looks much like the towns from the Meiji or Taishō period from his textbooks. In this world, he meets three young ladies and nine young men and joins them on a journey aboard the mysterious Norn ship, a giant globe that floats in midair. [from Wikipedia]

Hey guys! I'm back with another anime review and this time it was the latest spring 2016 anime, Norn9! Anyone who had played the game probably familiar with the title because the anime was an adaption from the infamous Otamate game, Norn 9 (Norn + Nonette). I downloaded the game after finishing the anime in two days but haven't start to play it yet. I'm going to make another review for the game later.


All of them were so handsome and beautiful I CANNOT
So as the synopsis above stated, the anime takes place a little in the future. Not really a future but in 19th century something. The female OC name Koharu was brought along to a trip to a place called "The World" (世界;se-ka-i)in a floating spaceship that all the people on board were human with special abilities. Koharu herself has fire abilities that she decided to not tell everyone because she was afraid and ashamed of her abilities. She destroyed her village with the fire and people are calling her monster. In the spaceship, she meet Kakeru, a handsome young man with the ability to control greens, Mikoto, a girl with the ability to create barrier and responsible for protecting the ship from being attack, Nanami, a girl with the ability to erase memory but decided not to use it for some reason. Other people are Akito, Toya, Sakuya, Senri, Heishi, and Itsuki. 

I would give 9/10 for the story plot. It has a lot of twist there and there and sometimes it confused me what exactly is happening to them. The anime was focusing on Kakeru and Koharu route the most and I really like that because I was shipping them since the beginning. But I was totally frustrated when Sakuya didn't end up with Mikoto but instead with Natsuhiko. Natsuhiko is a young scientist from the future who is against the people of abilities that he believe they will used for world destruction or what they called it "Reset". The whole anime was about how human causing too much destruction and wars on Earth that people with abilities were needed to perform the "Reset". 

The person who wanted the "Reset" so much is Kakeru's father, who longed for his dead wife and wanted to "Reset" again so that he can meet her once again. "The World" is responsible for making "Reset" happening with the powers from the people with abilities but "The World" has no longer can perform the "Reset" since it has reached it limit, according to one episode in the anime. "The World" is actually a cyborg that was invented by a future scientist, Sorata Suzuhara, which explains why he was brought up along into the spaceship.

For the characters relationship, 10/10 because I'm satisfied with the pairings even thought I still frustrated over Sakuya didn't end up with Mikoto. The pairings route were divided into three in which Koharu, Mikoto and Nanami, who have their own pairings in the game. In the anime, it only focused on the main pairings for each route in which Koharu x Kakeru, Mikoto x Natsuhiko, Nanami x Akito. Sorata Suzuhara was paired with "The World", a cyborg girl that the future him invented. Her actual name was Aine, but changed to Aion which means "eternal".

Akito and Nanami (Ep 4)


Koharu and Kakeru first meeting (Ep.1)

Mikoto and Natsuhiko viewing the stars from his spaceship (Ep 9)





I would give 10/10 for the OP and ED songs. Yasssss that's because I'm a fan of Nagi Yanagi! I never skipped the OP for all 13 episodes because it was so great I want to cry ;A; 

The anime was good in general and the story and character development run smoothly. What I like about the anime is definitely the voice actors. Kakeru CV is my all-time favorite and future husband, Kaji Yuki. His voice is soooo heaven like MY KOKORO OH GOD I CAN'T WITH HIS VOICE. And there's Daisuke Ono who voiced Natsuhiko and I'm like DAMN SEBAS-CHAN! HAHAHA I still can't get over Kuroshitsuji please don't judge me. I actually like Natsuhiko more than Kakeru but both are my favorites OuO I will make the review for the game when I start playing with it. I haven't start the prologue yet. Later!

You Might Also Like

0 Comment(s)

ありがとございました!